- A brighter, cleaner flatter design. All those faux textures and stitching disappears.
- A new Control Centre. Basically a quick way to toggle wi-fi/flight mode/bluetooth a la Android.
- Improved multitasking with swipe up to close gesture.
- Air Drop. A way to share files between iPhones. Like Samsung's tap-to-share but at a distance.
- iTunes Radio. Users of Spotify or Pandora will like this, free ad supported music streaming from Apple.
New MacBook Air and Mac Pro
Apple also announced a long awaited upgrade to their Mac Pros. While seeing some decent improvements under the hood, the biggest change here is how they've packaged the internals. Now 1/8th the size of the previous Pro, the latest professional computer from Apple looks much more like R2-D2 than an industrial PC but it shows a lot of innovation for a company critics are branding as boring.
|The New Cylindrical Mac Pro|
SONY AND MICROSOFT
So what are they going to cost?
Xbox One: AU$599
Sony PlayStation 4: AU$549
With the PS4 coming in cheaper than the new Xbox and not imposing any restriction on used games or requiring internet connectivity, Microsoft may find it a hard sell to convince those sitting on the fence but some might be turned off Microsoft restrictions to the point that even the Xbox faithful may think twice.
So which one will you buy?
Source: Apple, Xbox, Sony